Download Resume Here
Mike has multiple years of experience in the sales, marketing and management space most recently focusing on e-commerce and company restructuring. He spent 10 years at the Pittsburgh Penguins as the Director of Premium Seating overseeing all corporate ticketing partnerships and the move of all premium clientele into a new arena. In his next role, he was tasked with creating, planning and implementing a reorganization of all B2B business operations at American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX. This included developing a customer-centric environment, implementing a CRM and e-commerce tools as well as a complete rebrand of all marketing strategy. In his last two roles Mike served as VP of Sales and Customer Service for TicketCity, a top 10 secondary market website, and SVP of Business Development at SuiteHop, an online marketplace, where he focused his efforts on creating efficiencies in sales, service, marketing, global branding, risk mitigation, pricing and vendor relationships.
- Corporate Marketing
- Business Development
- Contract Negotiation
- Budget Management
- Process Improvement
- Team Leadership/Mentorship
- Strategic Messaging
- Media and PR Strategies
- B2B & B2C Sales
- CRM Implementation/Management
- Operations Management
- Data/Pricing Analysis
- Online Retail and Fraud Management
Senior Vice President of Business Development
2018 - 2019
SuiteHop, Denver, CO
- Directly pursued and developed new business opportunities resulting in new revenue for the suite rental online marketplace
- Restructured internal processes including automated workflows and reporting.
- Oversaw upgrade to SalesForce Lightning allowing for increased efficiency and searchable consumer and vendor data. Implemented vendor management procedures.
- Developed and executed multi-channel retention marketing strategy based on customer insights to drive brand awareness and revenue growth.
- Increased conversion rates, reduced bounce rates, and improved ROI by monitoring analytics reports (using tools like Google Analytics and SEM Rush) and adjusting accordingly.
- Developed global PR and media strategies
Grew revenue 23% year over year to $10,500,000.
Vice President of Sales and Customer Service
2015 - 2018
TicketCity, Austin, TX
- Leveraged best in class sales strategy & consumer retention marketing for online marketplace in maximizing sales, coverage, and efficiency.
- Led the development of comprehensive CRM (Netsuite) strategies that achieved engagement and revenue goals within assigned journeys.
- Analyzed and guided the development of complex performance metrics and benchmarks to track and assess the effectiveness of assigned marketing plans to management and appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Oversaw all vendor relationships, fraud management software and risk mitigation strategies
- Implemented media and PR strategic vision and acted as spokesperson on business topics
- Charged with administration, mentorship and culture improvement by developing and implementing an employee growth project initiative
Achieved $150 million in annual sales from 200,000 consumer orders.
Director of Premium Sales and Service
2012 - 2014
American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX
- Responsible for reorganization of entire B2B operations including staffing, marketing, strategy administration and a complete rebranding effort
- Implemented data, marketing , and pricing analytics through new CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics) including automation strategies.
- Oversaw marketing initiatives across all business units and maximized ROI of demand generation, and business development activities.
- Hired, managed and trained staff of over 40 full- and part-time employees; achieved significant improvements in their productivity through key performance indicators and statistics.
- Acted as project lead on new revenue generating tasks including online sales, sponsor inventory, mobile app implementation, and loyalty programs.
- Completed company restructure and rebrand in first 6 months contributing to annual 10% revenue increases
Director of Premium Seating
2003 - 2011
- Created growth strategy, new business opportunities, and developed outreach plans driving sales through a segmented marketing approach.
- Directed complex online marketing functions, including e-commerce, technology selection and implementation.
- Management Team of new arena development and design for CONSOL Energy Center through design of premium areas and premium marketing center to ensure best ROI
- Oversaw department budget including lease revenue, client hospitality, marketing and employee salaries/benefits/relations Marketing
- Oversaw the relocation of all premium areas increasing annual value by over $12 million.
- Prospected, negotiated and signed over 100 B2B contracts moving into new arena.
- Negotiated annual contract terms for all suite and loge box leases with a total value of over $90 million.
ALSD Association of Luxury Suite Directors 2009 - 2015
Board of Directors
Writer for SEAT Magazine
American Airlines Center 2012 - 2014
Human Resources Board of Directors, Voting Member
Mike is originally from Pittsburgh, Pa. He spent a year living in New York City , 6 years in Texas and now currently lives in Denver, CO with his wife Jacqui and their son Grayden. Jacqui is the former Director of Marketing at MLB Network and COO of The Mobile Growth Agency. She now sits as the VP/Head of Marketing Services for a newly created content division of the United Way. They are avid weekend travelers, amateur wine tasters and known to make healthy buffalo chicken dips. Mike is up at 4:30 am daily to get a workout in and to spend time with Grayden before work. He spends the rest of his free time hiking with his energetic little dog Bear in and around Denver and exploring the world with Jacqui and Grayden. He loves making new connections, networking or just talking business. Hit him up on on social media (links at the top of the page) or send him a note on the contact tab.